Reporting Concerns
As a member, if you notice a child is suffering or at risk of suffering significant harm, you can share information with appropriate agencies or professionals without the child’s or their parent’s consent.

If a child is in immediate danger, call the police on 999.

If a child is not in immediate danger:
  • Follow Childcare Connect’s safeguarding policies and procedures as soon as possible. These provide clear guidelines on the steps you need to take if a child discloses abuse.
  • Contact your local child protection services. Their contact details can be found on the website for the local authority the child lives in.
  • Contact the police. They will assess the situation and take the appropriate action to protect the child.
  • Contact the NSPCC Helpline on 0808 800 5000 or by emailing There trained professionals will talk through your concerns with you, give you expert advice and take action to protect the child as appropriate. This may include making a referral to the local authority.