Privacy Notice (How we use parents/carers and children’s information)
All personal information that we collect is necessary to provide this service. Generally, this policy only covers information you provide to us, if you supply information to other 3rd parties please ensure you check their privacy policies. Please only use this service if you are happy with this policy.
The categories of information that we may collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name, date of birth and address);
- Characteristics (such as ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth and funding eligibility) for children;
- Attendance information and requirements for children;
- Relevant Medical information for children;
- Special Educational Needs information for children;
- Proof of identity
- Relevant documentation for child protection and safeguarding concerns;
- Funding information and details.
Why we collect and use this information
We use the data:
- to provide you with Childcare Connect services and local connections and to assess the quality of our services;
- to comply with the law regarding data sharing;
- to ensure children’s health, safety and wellbeing;
- to ensure we show reviews of the childcarers;
- to send you marketing messages with your consent. You can withdraw permission at any time;
- to recognise when you visit or return to our service to track anonymised traffic and patterns, and help us to improve our service.
How long do you we keep the data
We generally keep the data for six years post utilising Childcare Connect services, to help deal with any disputes that may arise. The timeframe may vary if we are legally required to
hold the same for a particular period.
Who do we send or make available your data
- To other people who supply us with a service
- Other users of the service
- Police or other relevant authorities
The lawful basis on which we use this information
By completing and signing the application form you are giving consent for us to process yours and your child’s personal data for the specific purposes of childcare and/or learning.
The processing of the information you have provided about yourself and your child is necessary for us to provide you with our services.
Data Protection rights
What are your data protection rights?
Childcare Connect would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following.
The right to access
You have the right to request Childcare Connect for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification
You have the right to request that Childcare Connect correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Childcare Connect to
complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure
You have the right to request Childcare Connect erase your personal data , under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that Childcare Connect restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability
You have the right to request that Childcare Connect transfer the data we have collected to another organisation or directly to you.
If you make a request we have one month to respond to you.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights , please contact us at our E-mail email@example.com
Telephone 02045 069045
Write to Childcare Connect, 1 Pargate Chase, Rochdale, Greater Manchester
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Childcare Connect has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information
pieces of data created when you visit a site, and contain a unique, anonymous number. They are stored in the cookie directory of your hard drive, and do not expire at the end of your
session. These are helpful in the enhanced website experience.
If you register to receive updates or enter your personal details into one of our enquiry forms on the website, your information will be held on a secure server and the data will not be
shared with any organisations outside ChildcareConnect. It will be used only to email updates on the information you have requested or post this information to your address.
This privacy statement only covers our website at www.childcareconnect.co.uk and sub-sites of this domain.
This privacy statement does not cover other websites linked from this domain.